The Mission is founded by a group of businessmen who believed that God was calling them to reach out to the homeless, hungry and needy with the gospel of Jesus Christ. They desired to reach people who would never step inside a church because of their poor clothing. These men became the first Board of Directors and incorporated the Capital City Rescue Mission in 1950.
Today the rescue mission has a New Faith Program, a recovery program for women and their children, a nine month New Life Program for men, a transitional living program, free medical clinic for those who have no medical insurance, and a distribution center that is open to public, providing over 270,000 meals annually, and shelter for emergency, short-term and long-term.
259 South Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12202